Thursday, February 11, 2016

Book cover

For my first book I had the idea of redesigning the cover for "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. This book is super cool and I think this is a good candidate because the cover now is horrible. This book is field with alot of interesting things that I can pull from. As for the cover I think I can add alot of mystery and roughness to it referencing the story. The story is about a group of kids that are stuck in a maze and they fight to survive while trying to escape the maze.
Current Cover:


Some book covers:
















For my Second book I had the idea of doing the "Lord of the flies" by William Golding. I really like this book and think there is a lot of imagery that can be pulled from this book. I like how raw and visual this book was. These kids fight for survival and its really interesting. I think I can add some of that rawness aesthetic to the book cover. I was also thinking about a graphic and bold aesthetic to contrast the raw and roughness.
Current cover:


Some of the book covers out already.















Mood Boards for both books. Both books have a lot in common. 


Mood board #2

No comments:

Post a Comment